Queer Families
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting, waiting, waiting

3 posters

Go down

Waiting, waiting, waiting Empty Waiting, waiting, waiting

Post by potooo Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:04 am

Anyone else in that limbo between the attempt and the testing? Earliest we could see a positive is Tuesday (though more likely Wednesday or Thursday), and it feels like FOREVER. This is our first attempt, a frozen ICI, which has about a 5% to 7% success rate, so I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up too high. But it's very much on my mind. That's for sure.
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Waiting, waiting, waiting Empty Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting

Post by Cec Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:31 am

I can imagine it's on your mind. The wait is a killer isn't it? You'll get through it though!

Are you carrying or your partner?
Cec
Cec
Admin

http://bigkidparent.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:01 am

My wife is trying to carry right now. If it doesn't work out, for whatever reason, I'm the backup.

Today's the day it should be implanting if it worked, so I'm trying to tell myself that my wife's slight grumpiness today, which usually comes closer to when she gets her actual period, is actually an implantation-induced progesterone surge. Or maybe it's just slight grumpiness. We'll see. (':
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cec Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:09 pm

How's your wife doing with the waiting?

I tried to avoid bringing it up too much and showing how anxious I was around Cadence just because I knew it'd be on her mind all the time and if it didn't take - she would feel like there was so much pressure on her. So unless she brought it up I tried to avoid it.

It seems like you're very aware and of the process and its stages. That's awesome! I learned so much from our tries. Rolling Eyes
Cec
Cec
Admin

http://bigkidparent.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:46 pm

She's handling it with admirable equanimity!

Last night she said she felt something like mittleschmerz, and we were both like "Hmmmmm, is this implantation cramping?!"

No bleeding or spotting, so who knows. But we've decided to test tomorrow, even if chances are slim that we'll get a positive.
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:16 am

Well, this morning was a negative, as expected, and my wife was a little disappointed, but she knew the chances of getting a positive were pretty slim. We have one more test in the first box (First Response Early Result brand), and I think I'll buy another box today or tomorrow so that we can cover at least the next three days. That'll bring us up to 12 days after ICI. After that, we'll see.
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:21 am

Still a negative this morning, but it's only 10 days after the first insemination and 9 days after the second. Plus my wife drinks a ton of water and always gets up around 3:00 am to pee, so her urine isn't very concentrated.

Yesterday she said "Y'know, I won't be shocked or devastated if I'm not pregnant, but I won't be surprised if I am. I just feel a little... Different."

But she's never been pregnant before, so who knows. She said this morning "I don't want to disappoint you! I want so badly to do this for you." And I told her that I know the numbers. I never expected it to work on the first try, and she should absolutely not feel bad if it takes a while. We have six months worth (4 vials left of ICI, 6 vials left of IUI; two vials per cycle), and even if we get to the end of that, I bet our donor would be okay with going back to the bank for a few more visits and replenishing our supply. It might mean taking a three-month break (one month to get the vials, plus two-month quarantine), but that wouldn't be the end of the world.

But all that aside, there's still hope for this time around. Her period's not due for another three or four days. I bought more pregnancy tests, so she'll just keep testing until then. We both dreamed last night that she got a positive, but that's probably just wishful thinking. Only way to find out is to wait a little longer!
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:18 pm

Another negative this morning. It's not over 'til it's over, but I'm starting to prepare myself for another round next month.
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:31 am

And another negative this morning on the First Response Early Result test. Her period is due in two days, so it's not very likely that this round worked. My only concern is my wife feeling like it's her fault. She was all "I hate failing tests!!" Such a Hermione. <3

I told her that the chances of success each cycle are high enough for me to get excited, but not so high for me to be disappointed if we have to try again. That seemed to reassure her. She's seriously the sweetest person I've ever known, and I am the luckiest bastid. Onwards and upwards!
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by cadence Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 am

I'm sorry you've had negatives so far, but sounds like you've got a great attitude about it. I found the first cycle really helpful to just figure out the process and how to manage the logistics, as well as learn how to cope with the TWW. Good luck to you both Smile
cadence
cadence
Admin

http://acrookedframe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:58 am

We are dealing with the arrival of my wife's period with several beers as a consolation prize.
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

Post by cadence Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Oh I'm sorry Sad I also recommend soft cheese and sushi if that's her thing.
cadence
cadence
Admin

http://acrookedframe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum