Welcome Lobby

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome Lobby

Post by Cec on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Here's where you can introduce yourself. Smile

I'll go first I guess. My name's Cec, I'm 25, live in Sydney, Australia with my wife Cadence and our (almost) 12 week old son, Silas. I'm a pretty laid back person with a huge Peter Pan complex, super creative and always starting projects not knowing if I'll ever finish them but I always intend to.. Rolling Eyes (At least I finished making this forum! HA)

I really enjoy graphic design, photography, digital painting, colouring, gaming and a whole bunch of other stuff I'm sure I'll get to discuss in this place.

Hello. Yes. Your turn.

Razz
Cec
Admin

View user profile http://bigkidparent.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Lobby

Post by potooo on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:00 am

Hi! I'm a 34-year-old butch dyke in NYC. My wife and I have been together for 11 years, and we just had our first kidmaking attempt (known donor, frozen ICI) last Sunday. Waiting to see if it worked.

I like Early Music (especially Baroque opera and chamber music), video games (especially 2D platformers), reading (just about everything, but mostly science fiction, horror, and mysteries lately), and walking/biking/scootering around my beautiful neighborhood in Upper Manhattan while listening to podcasts.
potooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cadence on Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:44 am

Happy two weeks waiting, potooo. I hope it goes quickly for you both!

I'm 26, Cec and I have been together for five and a half years, married for one and a half. We have an almost 12 week old son, Silas. He is the cutest baby to ever exist, not that I'm biased or anything. His sperm donor is Cec's brother which is really cool because we get to notice characteristics that Silas has from both our families.

I like writing, TV show marathons, cooking and going on road trips. I'm on maternity leave until March but I'm a social worker.
cadence
Admin

View user profile http://acrookedframe.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kaylapancakes on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:11 am

First, thank you, Cec, for making this forum.

Hi, my name is Kayla. My wife and I have been married for a year and a half. We live in Salt Lake City, Utah. We are planning to start TTC around September/October. We will be using frozen sperm from an anonymous donor to start. I will be carrying our first child. I've been trying to read as much as I can about this stuff for the last year, to prepare. That's how I found Cec and Cadence's tumblr blogs.

I'm 27, and I am a construction manager. My background is in cabinetmaking and wooden boatbuilding, though I don't do much of either now that I'm managing. I enjoy cooking, design, listening to music/podcasts, going to concerts, doing jigsaw puzzles with my wife, and I'll say reading (but I actually mean watching loads of Netflix).

My wife and I have a lot of queer friends in our city, but none that have kids. Since we're in our twenties, I don't even think most of our friends plan on having children anytime soon. I'm excited to have this forum. Thanks!
kaylapancakes

View user profile http://keepdoing.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by queermamavt on Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:37 am

Hi all! I'm so bad at introductions.

I am a 29-year-old queer woman of color, I have been married for almost 3 years. My wife and I have a 17-month-old daughter. Our daughter is biracial. I carried our daughter, and we used my wife's brother as our donor.

I am currently getting my feet wet in a field I never thought I would be in. I work at a sober residential program for women transitioning back in the community after prison. I love what I do, but it is not what I thought I would be doing. I just finished a degree in Environmental Studies with a focus on Food Accessibility. My wife thinks it is funny that I have landed myself in this job because she is a social worker. I don't know if this what I want to do, but I do know that I want to help people in need somehow.

I overshare, and I want my friends to have children now. I want my daughter to have queer cousins to play with. I love being a parent, and I worry about my daughter all the time. I love my queer family.
queermamavt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cec on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:27 am

potooo wrote:Hi! I'm a 34-year-old butch dyke in NYC. My wife and I have been together for 11 years, and we just had our first kidmaking attempt (known donor, frozen ICI) last Sunday. Waiting to see if it worked.

Hi! Welcome! And good luck Smile The wait is the hardest part!

kaylapancakes wrote:First, thank you, Cec, for making this forum.

I'm so happy I did. I think it'll be great! Thanks for joining!

And I'm so glad you found our blogs. We didn't know what we were doing when we started thinking about starting a family (well Cadence kinda did..) So if anything I hope our blogs helped other people feel like they're not alone and it's okay to not know what you're doing haha.  Rolling Eyes  Plus we're in the same boat, none of our friends are having kids yet and we're still pretty young ourselves but we wanted to be young parents.

queermamavt wrote:Hi all! I'm so bad at introductions.

Hey, welcome Smile Thanks for joining. And that wasn't a bad introduction at all. It's so cool to have people to relate to on here!
Cec
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladyladybaby on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:59 am

I'm a 31 year old first time parent to an 8 month old baby boy, Oscar. We're living and raising our son in sunny Queensland, Australia. My partner and I have been together for over 8 years and we officially tied the knot in New Zealand almost 2 years ago.

Oscar was conceived via IVF using an unknown donor and (if all goes to plan) we would like to give him a brother or sister in a couple of years. Becoming a parent is easily the best thing I've ever done but also the hardest.

I have 3 months left of my 12 month maternity leave before I return to work as a Laboratory Technician and I have mixed emotions about it. My partner works in Graphic Design and plans to drop down to 4 days a week once I return to work so that she can spend more time with our son.

I enjoy photography, art, writing and being outdoors. We don't get out much these days with Oscar being quite young so we spend most of our weekends at home, working on our house renovations.
Ladyladybaby

View user profile http://www.ladyladybaby.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cec on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:22 am

Yay. Welcome! Cadence and I both follow your Instagram and Oscar is just the cutest.

Thanks for joining Very Happy
Cec
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi! If it's not too personal a question, did you use reciprocal IVF (where your partner is the egg donor), or traditional IVF (where the carrying mother is the egg donor)? Part of me really wants to do reciprocal IVF (my wife donating the egg, me carrying) if our whole ICI thing doesn't work out, but it would cost us $20,000 out of pocket, so it would definitely be a last resort kind of thing.
potooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cec on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:40 pm

potooo wrote:Hi! If it's not too personal a question, did you use reciprocal IVF (where your partner is the egg donor), or traditional IVF (where the carrying mother is the egg donor)? Part of me really wants to do reciprocal IVF (my wife donating the egg, me carrying) if our whole ICI thing doesn't work out, but it would cost us $20,000 out of pocket, so it would definitely be a last resort kind of thing.

Hey potooo, it's probably a better idea to post a thread about this or any other TTC questions you have in the right section: HERE

This is just the Welcome Lobby for introductions Wink
Cec
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by potooo on Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:47 pm

Sorry about that! Wasn't sure how much back-and-forth conversation was welcome in this thread. Please feel free to delete both that comment and this one. (':
potooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blayzer on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi everyone,
My partner and I have been together over 5 years and are from NSW, Australia. We are trying to conceive via reciprocal IVF by choice. (Yes a costly one!). My Partner will provide the eggs and I will carry.

I work with children as Nanny. I'm also a PA. We don't have many gay friends with children so we turn to the virtual world... I think I already follow some of you on Instagram!

Such a great resource having this forum! Thank you! X

Blayzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlkerSky89 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:17 am

Hey everyone,

My name is Lucas, I'm 26 and live in England, UK. I'm a trans* man and have recently ended my relationship. However we discussed adoption and ivf routes. I have realised how much I want to be a Dad in the future recently, whereas before I didn't think it would be an option. I've joined this forum to make friendships and to educate myself on the multiple paths to parenthood.
I work building bicycles, making number plates for cars, mixing paints and selling sat nav gps. It's basically a car and bike shop Wink

I am creative, short, enjoy drawing, writing and photography.

Good luck to all of those awaiting news, I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

AlkerSky89

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhitneyLauren on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:40 am

Hello all,

My fiancée and I started dating in 2011 and have been engaged since this past Christmas. We live near Toronto, Canada and are a femme-femme biracial couple. I'm in marketing because I love design, events and writing and she is in engineering because she's good at technical drawings and STEM. Buffy the Vampire Slayer brought us together. We are learning as much as we can about fertility and family planning now so we can start trying to conceive right after the wedding (she will conceive the first and then I will second). Two of our best friends have an amazing 6 month old son who we adore and we can't wait to join them as moms!

We are in the mid to late 20's range and I'm excited to speak with some people who have been in our shoes.
WhitneyLauren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hnh_rwe on Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi there!

My name is Hannah, I'm a nanny from Brisbane, Aus. My partner Ange and I have been together for 4 years.

Tonight we are going to an IVF seminar with our friends (what kind of double date is that?) at the very popular QFG here. Although we don't want children anytime soon we are both figuring out what our options are and how we might want to go about creating our family.

hnh_rwe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cec on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for joining and sharing your introductions.

Feel free to explore the rest of the forum and start threads for topics you would like to discuss. There's a whole section for discussing whatever you like so if you would like to talk about other non-family-making matters feel free to start a thread. I feel somewhat obnoxious being the one to start all the topics. Rolling Eyes haha
Cec
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GraSMC on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Heya, I am a 24yo single female from QLD, Australia. I identify as a lesbian and I hope to start a family of my own in 2 years time. I am planing to do it as a single mum by choice once I have the funds for fertility treatment.

Thank you for creating a queer family friendly forum I look forward to learning and conversing with you all xX
GraSMC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cec on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:45 pm

GraSMC wrote:Heya, I am a 24yo single female from QLD, Australia. I identify as a lesbian and I hope to start a family of my own in 2 years time. I am planing to do it as a single mum by choice once I have the funds for fertility treatment.

Thank you for creating a queer family friendly forum I look forward to learning and conversing with you all xX

Hey that's cool! Hopefully this forum will build up a bit more and be a great resource for you when you decide to start TTC. Smile Thanks for joining.
Cec
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bettiebee on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi there. I'm Bettie. I'm 31, ID as a queer femme and have been with my partner D for 3.5 years. He IDs as queer as well. Our friend N is a pregnancy/birth/baby partner for us and has shared the journey so far. We have been trying to have a baby for about a little while now...and I have had two miscarriages. The first was at 10 weeks and the second was at 8 weeks. We underwent fertility testing in February to look for underlying causes and it was determined I have the MTHFR gene mutation which may be causing losses.

I am pregnant again now (only four weeks along) but it's a very anxious time as both miscarriages have been scary and traumatic experiences. The three of us have a scan in about four weeks time to date this baby's arrival but if all goes well, that should be mid March next year.

bettiebee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bettiebee on Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:48 pm

And we are polyamorous, forgot to include that. Smile

bettiebee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content