Queer Families
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What will/do your kids call you/your partner?

4 posters

Go down

What will/do your kids call you/your partner? Empty What will/do your kids call you/your partner?

Post by Ladyladybaby Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:31 pm

We know that it's really up to Oscar and what he decides but what do you plan to be called by your kids? Candice and I have decided that I will be Mummy and she will be Mum. Once his is too old to be calling me Mummy, we will simply both be called Mum. Smile
Ladyladybaby
Ladyladybaby

http://www.ladyladybaby.com

Back to top Go down

What will/do your kids call you/your partner? Empty Re: What will/do your kids call you/your partner?

Post by potooo Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:07 pm

I think right now the plan is "Mama" for my wife and "Bibai" (my childhood nickname) for me, but we'll see how it goes.
potooo
potooo

Back to top Go down

What will/do your kids call you/your partner? Empty Re: What will/do your kids call you/your partner?

Post by Cec Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Yeah, I think a lot of lesbian couples go for Mumma/Mummy. At the moment Silas is too little to call us anything but I think since I'm South American we might end up going with Mama/Mummy thing (me being Mama). I still feel it's a little too feminine for me though. I feel a little uncomfortable with it.

I'm totally cool with Silas calling me Cecy though. I know generally people feel like it's weird when kids call them by their names but it just feels.. right? Does anyone else feel like this?
Cec
Cec
Admin

http://bigkidparent.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by queermamavt Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I'm mama and my wife is mompa. Jude has started calling us both mama, and occasionally will say mom. I don't think either one of us really cares what she calls us, I'm mostly curious to know what she settles on.
queermamavt
queermamavt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum